A general physician is a medical doctor who practises medicine, which is concerned with promoting, maintaining, or restoring health through the study, diagnosis, and treatment of disease, injury, and other physical and mental impairments
General Medicine deals with the prevention, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of various diseases. A general physician conducts a physical examination of the patient and then recommends necessary tests and diagnostic procedures. The results of these tests, the general physical examination and symptoms are then correlated to arrive at a final diagnosis.
Depending on the final diagnosis, the general physician gives the necessary treatment (usually medication) to the patient or refers to a specialty department for further treatment. Add to this, the presence of qualified specialists, modern diagnostic services and a 24 hour pharmacy go on to make this the all-round solution that patients seek.
General Physician Procedures
- Physical Examinations
- Check Blood pressure
- Infections affecting different organs of the body
- All metabolic diseases and endocrine diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, cholesterol, obesity
- Tummy aches, infections like vomiting, diarrhea and jaundice
- Infectious diseases
- Respiratory diseases like asthma, allergies, lung infection, cough, sinusitis, pneumonia & TB
- Disease of the joints and limbs, backache
- Problems like headache, muscular weakness, epilepsy